Friday, December 3, 2010

Done with School!






Sorry i haven't updated in a while, the past week has been crazy busy with homework. I am sure that at least everyday i had something to worry about or study for. Monday was a bit of a small break, but i did have to study a lot. Sunday after the beach i came home and did my presentation notes and then Monday i did my presentation in Portuguese. I also went over to Matt's house to hang out with everyone and we were there for 5 or 6 hours just talking about really serious topics like War, Religion, and politics. I think that was the first real adult conversation that i have had with people my own age, it was kind of cool but also very difficult to stay with the conversation, being that it moved around so much and i didn't agree with everything. So after i went home i tried to knock out my culture class paper but i only did half. So Tuesday i finished it a little more and we had our Portuguese review as well as the culture class review. And on Wednesday we had the culture class final, where after 2 hours of continuous writing was finally done with a class that i had felt uncomfortable the entire time in. In the midst of trying to study for Portuguese that night for the next day i managed to finish my paper. So yesterday at 12pm i was done!! finally the quarter that felt like it was forever (because it actually was a semester)was over and i was done! I have never felt so good to be done with a period of school, but so sad at the same time to leave my new friends and beautiful country.

Yesterday i went to the beach after class, it was so fun, we took funny pictures, ate picole, and went swimming again. I really like the beach and it is kind of sad to think that i am not going to live so close to it ever again. I wanted to go out to celebrate, but nobody really knew what they wanted to do so we all just went out to Rio Vermelho and hung out there, but over the next hour and a half we tried to find something to do while walking back and fourth between places. Mollie and I ended up going to the bar that my mom and my maid were at and it was really cool! And my maids husband played the guitar in the band too! It was really nice to see her one last time before i leave, . She was so nice and was always helpful too. I hope i get to see my other maid Vanessa, but i don't know where she is, maybe at my grandmas house.

So my mom and maid apologized for my brother girlfriends behavior towards me during the trip last night. I never said anything to anyone expect to my friends in the program but it was still nice that they noticed i felt uncomfortable. But my mom said that she is just possessive and even though Paulo (my host brother) tells her and doesn't like me in any way more than a sister, she still doesn't believe him. And although it was weird at times being totally ignored, i still managed to have a good relationship with my brother. I hope he comes to the united states, he would love it there!

Well even though i slept about 4 hours, my eyes feel tired, but my body doesn't. So i hope my beach day is productive and i have a wonderful going away dinner today ! I hope it isn't emotional, i don't cry in public. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment