Friday, September 17, 2010

Why can't i get tan in Brazil?!

So today a couple of friends and i are going to attempt to buy tickets to go to Rio de Janiero, the issue is that they're are so many prices that we are confused and trying to get the cheapest one possible. We are going to go to the airport, which is an hour bus ride in the most crazy traffic ever, but its only a dollar for the ride, so i cant complain that much.

It is my hosts moms birthday tomorrow so we are all going out for her birthday at some bar, she is such a partier! I went out with my friends to salsa night and she was there too! she is so Brazilian and fits right in with the amazing dancers, that i swear Brazil breeds and something is in there water that makes all of their butts huge. She said that even though her birthday is on Saturday, that it started on Tuesday! Awesome right? Anyways i hope there is as good of food there as there is here at home when she makes it for me.

The last couple of days in class haven't been the most enjoyable. I had a tour of pelorinho yesterday, which i feel like i could give a tour now, because of how many times i have been there. No matter how much i love history, 10 museums in one day will tire anyone out. I also had a test in Portuguese, which went surprising well i think, it wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be, which i was happily surprised. In my culture class, i have a paper due on Tuesday about race and social rankings. I am not sure where i am suppose to go with this because i am sure that my mom does everything the same as my maids do, but i have 2 maids, and i am pretty sure are friends, but i don't know how or if they get paid, it is all so confusing here. But i just take it how it is because otherwise my head would just hurt to bad.

So my Brazilian tan isn't working out the way i wanted, i am still pale in Brazilian standards. I went to the beach on Monday and on Wednesday, but i guess i have to go more because it isn't working so far. I barely have any tan lines! But i am sure that i will catch up before i go back to the united states, and my Christmas card we be awesome, ill be so tan. But i do have a havaiana tan line... that means some progress at least! Well we will see how this weekend goes, between planning my trip to Rio, writing a paper, celebrating my mae's birthday, and getting tan... i will be learning Portuguese! tchau ate logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment