Monday, November 15, 2010

I couldnt live in salvador during january..





It is Monday night, and i didn't have school today, it was another one of Brazil's many holidays. I went to the beach today with Haley and Mollie, we tried to go to porto da barra, but it was crazy crowded, the most i have ever seen it, i cant even imagine it in the summer, believe it or not we are only in spring. I am sweating all the time, it is gross. Because i will take a shower, and then sweat as soon as i get out. Same with the beach, go into the water and then when i get out im sweating and the sand is sticking to me everywhere!

i also went to the mall again yesterday with Ashley and we soon discovered that this mall was decked out in Christmas decorations as well! so even though Christmas in Brazil is not cold with hot chocolate and scarves, the decorations do not depict this, Santa is still wearing a huge red coat and all of the trees and ornaments still have fake snow sprayed onto the them. Although they had a lot of Christmas decorations in many stores, it was almost impossible to find a Santa hat, but i found one after searching for about 2 hours. And now i just have to take my Christmas picture at the beach with my red bathing suit on and my Santa hat. I love Brazil and everything, but i am glad that i am going home for Christmas, i don't think i could believe it was really Christmas until i see all of my grandmas super old Christmas house and figurines and my dads Christmas goofy and bears that only see daylight for about 2 months a year, my mom many many Christmas pictures of my little brother by the tree and all of the dogs in our family with their Christmas gear on, oh and not to forget about the Christmas lights! even if they are left up till June, it still feels like the holidays. And right now it doesn't feel that way, unless i want to spend A LOT of time in the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment