Tuesday, November 9, 2010

oh elk grove, i miss you?

AS of now i am sitting in my house and no one is home, and i hear the freeway right behind me through my window, i can always tell when it is late or really early because there is usually no sounds and no cars. But although i am kind of getting sick of Salvador i am not going anywhere during the long weekend because i want to save moeny so that i can buy people presents back home. I also want to go to the beach, i love it there, even though i don't get into the water that much i just like being in that kind of atmosphere. It nice, even if there is a lot of people around.

I think i am going to try and go to a different beach this weekend so i can experience further parts of Salvador, which i think will be good for me. I don't mean to complain, but Salvador smells bad a lot of times and it is quite un-appetizing. It smells like pee, dog poop, and fried food on the streets and sometimes in certain areas. I have never experienced a country that has such beauty but smells so bad... whatever i guess it is a trade off of some sort. Elk Grove for sure smells better.

I am getting ready to go back home, i am missing a lot of things like milkshakes, Thai and Vietnamese food. Most of all i miss my bed, because i think that someones bed is the most important thing, my sister would agree that there is nothing like it! So as i sit here trying not to think about the essay that i have to do in Portuguese and about how i have to read 60 pages and do 3 outlines about the Black Power Movement, i really miss some stuff from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment