Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First day of class!

Aug 30
Today we had a test in Portuguese class and it was all in Portuguese, a little hard but its okay. My school is within 5 minutes but you can get there in 4 if you get if you don't have to wait long for the elevator. I went to the bank today which was a bit of a walk, about 25 minutes each way over the cobble stone sidewalks that have been moved and raised up over the years because the tree roots have moved them. After the bank adventure i came home to eat lunch and it was sooo good, my mom had made feijoada, chicken, rice, salad, juice, and fruit for me to eat. We also have a maid-like person who comes a couple times a week to help out around the house, my mom doesn't like to call her that because she grew up with her as a child, i think her mom was the maid to my moms mom. She is afro-brazilian so i think this is why my mom doesn't like to call her maid and made a line between the races.
Anyway after lunch we all went the to beach around 2 and stayed until sunset, it was so beautiful. The hours in the sun were so much fun i really do like the beach and there are so many shapes and sizes here and i feel a lot more comfortable than i would in America. The beach is really relaxing, there is no one yelling at you or telling you not to run, it like the peoples beach. We even played chicken, and i won :) I got a little bit of a tan, but i need to keep working on it because those Brazilian biquikis are calling my name. haha i need to buy one to fit in better. Well i have school tomorrow, first official day and i have to get up at 930am, i love Brazil :) tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment